Data subject rights
Subject access requests
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) grants you (hereinafter referred to as the "data subject") the right to access particular personal data that we hold about you. This is referred to as a subject access request. We shall respond promptly, and certainly within one calendar month from the point of receiving the request and all necessary information from you. Our formal response shall include details of the personal data we hold about you, including the following
- sources from which we acquired the information;
- the purposes for processing the information; and
- persons or entities with whom we are sharing the information.
Right to rectification
- You, the data subject, shall have the right to obtain from us, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate personal data we hold concerning you. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you, the data subject, shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
Right to erasure
You, the data subject, shall have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay.
Right to restriction of processing
Subject to exemptions, you, the data subject, shall have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, the data subject, and is restricted until the accuracy of the data has been verified;
- the processing is unlawful and you, the data subject, oppose the erasure of the personal data and instead request the restriction in its use;
- we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of processing, but it is required by you, the data subject, for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- you, the data subject, have objected to processing of your personal data pending the verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for us to override these objections.
Notification obligation regarding rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing
We shall communicate any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing as described above to each recipient to whom the personal data has been disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. We shall provide you, the data subject, with information about those recipients if you request it.
Right to data portability
You, the data subject, shall have the right to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit this data to another controller, without hindrance from us.
Right to object
You, the data subject, shall have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you, including any personal profiling; unless this relates to processing that is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or an exercise of official authority vested in us. We shall no longer process the personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override the interests, rights and freedoms of you, the data subject, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to not be subject to decisions based solely on automated processing
We do not carry out any automated processing, which may lead to an automated decision based on your personal data.
Invoking your rights
If you would like to invoke any of the above data subject rights with us, please write to the Managing Director at Canonbury Products, Warwick House, St James Road, Brackley, NN13 7XY or email email@example.com
Accuracy of information
In order to provide the highest level of customer service possible, we need to keep accurate personal data about you. We take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of any personal data or sensitive information we obtain. We ensure that the source of any personal data or sensitive information is clear and we carefully consider any challenges to the accuracy of the information. We also consider when it is necessary to update the information, such as name or address changes and you can help us by informing us of these changes when they occur.